Monday, March 21, 2022

Estadio Azteca

 Hola, 


This week was very chill, so I don't have much to report on. Mostly just calling and visiting people. We had a few very good lessons and I have a good felling about some of our new investigators. 

The big news is that José, who I have been teaching for the past 3 months, and the missionaries for 5 before that, had his baptismal interview this past Sunday and he passed. This Saturday we are going to have his baptism. This has been a long time in the making. The members have really been waiting, on Sunday he thanked the Sunday School teacher, she responded with "no need, but you can thank me by getting baptized." We found it pretty funny 

This letter is on a Monday, not a Tuesday that is because we changed our p-day to take a tour of Estadio Azteca, the largest stadium in Latin  America, with another set of missionaries in our Zone. It has a capacity of 95,000 people but it is limited to around 87,000. We got to go onto the pitch, (we weren't allowed to step onto field) and into the locker-room of Club America. It was epic.  

This week I studed the topic of "God is our Loving Heavenly Father" It is the first principle talked about in Preach My Gospel. I really liked what is says in the first paragraph "He loves us. He understands and feels our sorrows and rejoices in our progress." To me this truth is one of the most exquisite of the restored gospel, that we are really children of a loving Heavenly Father and that he is invested in our progress. I forget who's quote this is but I think it is apt "There is nothing more removed than creator and creation." We are more more just the creations of God, we are his children. 

Hasta la próxima, 
Elder Neilson 

 The pressroom 

 In the locker-room 

On the pitch 

The elders in our district 


 Elder Ituarte and I made burgers for lunch


 I forgot this last week, the Branches 1 year  Conference 











x








No comments:

Post a Comment

List of all Mission Transfers