My final week in Tlaltenco has come to an end, but it was a ride.
The week started off with exchanges with the LZs. I got to spend the day with Elder Harris in Tlaltenco. He is for San Clemente CA, and for those back in Bronx Westchester he is the grandson of the late Brother Garf. We spent a majority of the day in the street visiting people with a workable addresses. We were able to find a few and set up lessons. That night the secretaries told us that Elder Basauri and I would be moving houses the next day. So to finish the exchange I packed all my bags.
Thursday we spent moving to our new apartment, and regretting our decision to live on the third floor. The new apartment is super nice. One of, if not the best in the mission.
Friday morning, Presidente Lyman called me to ask if I would train for this new transfer. I said yes. This will be my first time training, a new experience!
Then we had General Conference. It was a great conference, one of my favorite talks was Elder Bednar's. The parable of the Wedding of the King's Son, has confused me, so the additional explanation was fantastic. The message, we chose if we will be one of the chosen. God doesn't have a list and if you're not on it there's nothing you can do, but it is up to each one of us, to be on the Lord's team.
Then Monday, and transfers, came around. I never unpacked from our move so the easiest time packing I've had in a while. Drum roll. My new area is Bosques, I've finally left the east side of the mission. My new Companion is Elder Redmond, from the Dallas area. He is a powerhouse and I look forward to finishing his training.
Hasta la próxima,
Elder Neilson
 |
| General Conference Lunch |
 |
| Elote |
 |
| Lago de los Reyes |
 |
| taxi to the stake center |
 |
| ME |
 |
| Moving with the secretaries |
 |
| Elder Harris and I |
 |
| One of the stuffed bulls that hung in the old apartments entryway |
 |
| The old bedroom |
 |
| The old apartment |
 |
| The old Bathroom |
 |
| The new apartment (this is the apartment on the 2nd floor the our apartment is on the 3rd, but the look almost exactly the same) |
 |
The new apartment Building
|
 |
| Elder Redmond and I |
No comments:
Post a Comment