Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Mexico City

 I'm in the field,


As my MTC p-day was Wednesday, and the field p-day is Monday I have one and a half weeks to catch you guys up on.  

Finished the MTC and it was great. I loved my district. They are a bunch of all-stars. The last few days were what they have always been: class in the morning then class at night. I was sad to leave the district and teachers I grew to love over those six weeks.

One week into the field though and it feels like the MTC was forever ago. I flew down to Mexico on the 10th. It was a flight from New York to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Mexico City. The 14 new missionaries had dinner at President Lyman's (Mission President) house that night- tacos al pastor (it were delicious). The next day we went to the office and got assigned to our trainers. My trainer is Elder Colmanares, he is from Chiapas, Mexico and is fantastic. We like a lot of the same things, and have been getting along great. He doesn't speak any English though. It has been tough but nothing good is ever easy (Google translate has been a great help!). 

I'm serving in the Nopalera Area, it was the one area the older missionaries warned us greenies about when we got here as it is the most dangerous in the mission. I have loved it though. The Members are great. They give us Lunch almost every day and it has been delicious. And for being the most dangerous I have felt very safe. 

The weekend before I got to Mexico city. They reentered the Red level for Covid, so we can't do any street contacting or eat in members' houses. Not much you can do but the work will move forward. Due to this, our days consist of going to the church and calling investigators and referrals. We don't get to talk to a lot of people as the numbers we call don't exist or they don't answer. It just reminds me of the last principle of the gospel "endure to the end." The work may be hard but we just need to never get discouraged and keep pressing on. 

Sincerely, 
Elder Neilson 
Me and my trainer Elder Colmenares


Walking home in the rain (it down poors about every day here) 

P-day trip to Walmart


Me and one of the ducks that live on our roof 










No comments:

Post a Comment

List of all Mission Transfers