Coming at you for that last time from the Mamaroneck MTC-it is Elder Neilson,
Sorry for no letter last week, I totally forgot and when I did remember it was already bed time. Last week was the week when my family went to Lake Tahoe. I spend most of my time in MTC class in the basement of the Cabin. But on P-day and during down time I was able to do some fun things with my family. I'll give a few of the highlights. The first is a hike we did on Tuesday. We went to an old railroad tunnel which was filled with graffiti, it was super cool and some of the graffiti was very impressive. The other highlight was Wednesday we rode some electric bikes along the Truckee river which was super fun. Electric bikes make biking super easy!
Onto this week. First and foremost I can't believe this is my last week in the MTC. It feels like I just started but I have less than a week until I go to Mexico! I got my flight plans for Mexico and I fly out the morning of the 10th. This week has gone great! We have done more and more mock teaching and I feel I can teach the lesson pretty well.
This p-day we went to the Natural History museum in NYC. It was awesome! I always love going there and this time was no different.
This week the importance of the spirit was something I felt came up repeatedly. In our lessons and the Elder Holland devotional we watched. When we are teaching the gospel, we are not the one that are converting the people listening, it is the spirit. We can only share what we know the spirit does the rest. For me it was a reminder to do all I can do to have the spirit with me. as when I don't have the spirit I can't teach effectively.
Sincerely,
Elder Neilson
Pictures:
- pictures from the train tunnel hike
- the group that went bike riding
- natural history
No comments:
Post a Comment