Once again from Mamaroneck, New York, it is Elder Neilson,
P-days seem to be coming quicker and quicker, time is just flying by. The MTC is still going great. I think my Spanish is progressing pretty well and I’m getting more comfortable teaching lessons. During a one on one lesson with one of my teachers she had me teach the entire first lesson, in under five minutes, all in Spanish. I was intimidated by the task but was able to do it and she said I did great! I’m not sure if she would say I did bad though, whatever the case I’m still proud of myself. When you have that little time you really have to stay on track and can’t go on any tangents. If you do, you run out of time and only teach a third of what you wanted to.
On Tuesday for dinner my family went to a hotpot place in Brooklyn. It was a chain that they had in Taiwan so Tustin was the expert. It was a cool experience, my lack of finesse with chopsticks was on full display. However I still had a great time.
For Pday proper my siblings and I want to Playland, the local amusement park. It felt a bit smaller than I remembered it but it was still great. The bumper cars were my favorite. This was the first time I have been on any in a long time, and they were much more fun then I remembered.
The devotional this week was by Elder and Sister Uchtdorf. One point they touched on was working through hard times on the mission. The advice they gave was to focus on the gospel. We teach people that it is what brings peace and can bless their lives. I feel we sometimes forget that it can bring those things into our lives as well. I know that it has for me.
Catch you next week,
Elder Neilson
No comments:
Post a Comment