Hope everyone had a great conference weekend,
As I told you guys last week I got food poisoning. I was able to get some loperamide and Pepto Bismol and that got me back into fighting shape for transfers. My new area is Constitución de 1917 it is in the same zone as Molino but a different stake. My new Companions are Elder Vega and Elder Bowdan. Elder Vega is from Veracruz and Elder Bowdan is from Layton Utah.Elder Bowdan Arrived with me so we have two Trainees.
On Thursday we went to the stake center as a lot of the native Mexican elders were going to get the vaccine (sputnik V is what is available down here). We all gotta wear street clothes that day as the church doesn't want a large gathering of missionaries in white shirts as it can make us look like a cult. When we got there all of the missionaries getting the vaccine left in a bus and the rest of us stayed at the Stake center until they got back. Elder Vega got the vaccine but had a bad reaction to it so for all of Friday we partied in the house so he could rest.
General Conference was great. As a missionary I looked forward to it like never before. One of the themes that stood out to me was the need to not have contention. I really loved Elder Renlund quote of how "contention weakens our witness of christ"
I'm out of time,
Elder Neilson






No comments:
Post a Comment