Monday, November 15, 2021

1st Sealing


 Hola,


This week can be summed up in about three words: blessings, fecha, and sealing.

Starting with the first "blessings." We gave a lot of blessings this week. I think 8 or 9, almost everyday someone asked for one! We gave ones to our investigators from Slovenia, this was the first time I did the actual blessing, I usually do the anointing, but as they are more comfortable with English so I got to do it. It was a fantastic experience. I have developed a greater love and appreciation for blessing while on my mission. It is always a great experience to get to use the Priesthood to bless God's children.

On to the second "fecha" (Date: in English). We have another baptism scheduled, this one for the end of the month. We are super excited, three baptisms in one month is fantastic. The ward members have really helped with this one and she feels super welcome at church, and is excited for her baptism. We have a few other investigators who are progressing and hopefully a few more fechas in the future!

Finally the last word "sealing." Me and Vega had the opportunity to go to the temple this Saturday for his cousin's sealing (don't worry we got president's permission). We got to the temple early to be safe. Across the street from the temple is a torta stand which sells a bunch of Book of Mormon named tortas, the owners aren't members but have picked up the name as a bunch of members eat there when they have temple trips. For lunch we got Lehis. At the visitors center we met the father of Elder Pano, one of the missionaries that got here at the same time as me. His mission president is the current Mexico city Temple president so he was visiting them. It is always funny how small the world seems with members of the church. The sealing was scheduled for 2:30 but the traffic in Mexico City was so bad the Elder Vega's cousin and his wife didn't get there until 4:30. The temple gave us the new time slot for 4:45 which worked. As this was my first time attending a sealing I was excited. It was a fantastic experience. The sealer gave a great message and I liked his thoughts on service and how it is so important In the church. Obedience and service sum up the two great commandments. 

One thing I have been doing in my free time is listening to all of President Nelson's conference talks. I'm right at the turn of the century now. It has been an enlightening experience. He has had a lot of themes he has continually talked about: Devine Law, our Divine identity, the importance of women, to name a few. I love President Nelson and know that he is the prophet of God for our day. 

Hasta Semana, Elder Neilson


Hermano Pano at the temple


 temple at night
Elder Vega and his cousin that got sealed 


- $2.50 USD watermelon 

 I broke one of our apartments windows "everyone breaks a window in their day"





No comments:

Post a Comment

List of all Mission Transfers