Monday, November 8, 2021

Inglés, Inglés everywhere

 I hope everyone is doing well,


I will start off with a fun fact, Mexico does trick-o-treating on the 1st of November not the 31st of October. They do it on the 1st as it is "All Saints Day" the day celebrating children who have died. I learned this after last P-day so I'm telling you guys now. 

I lied in my list letter. Vega and I aren't in a trio this transfer (or not yet). When we went to drop Bowden off we waited a round for our new comp. After a few hours we asked the APs when they were arriving. This is when they told us we aren't in a trio. With that news we returned to Constitución and got back to work. 

This week we met a few English speakers. It's funny I teach the gospel in Spanish so much that I stumble with my words in English, I'm only 4 months in 20 to go! Two of the English speakers we met are Nicom and Drago from Slovenia. Their Slovenian is great, English is good, Spanish could be better. We invited them to the baptism we had and to church and they came to both. They are fantastic and we haven't even had a lesson with them. There is a bit of a language barrier but I believe we can find a way through. 

On to the aforementioned baptism. It was for Carlos and Lisandro, our investigators from Honduras. It was fantastic. It took a while for people to show up but it all turned out fine. Elder Bowden was going to return to do one of the baptisms but as he was sent to the south side of the mission he couldn't. As I was doing the other baptism I got to do both. 

This P-day we went to Cerro de la Estrella. It is a large hill with pre-Columbian ruins at the top. It was. Great hike to the top and the view was great, you can see the entire city (as much as the smog will allow).

Talk to you next time 
Elder Nelson.


baptism of Carlos and Lisandro

cleaning baptisiml font 






 pictures for Cerro de la Estrella



v































No comments:

Post a Comment

List of all Mission Transfers