¡Hola!
I hope everyone is doing great, this week has just flown by. Elder Vega mentioned that having P-day on tuesday makes that whole week move faster and I have to agree, or it's just because we are both getting old in the Mission.
The week started off with Zone conference on Wednesday. Zone conference was shorter than it normally is because we had both conferences on one day not the normal two. It was a great conference. I learned a lot, and came away with things to improve.
Saturday we had a great day, we walked a ton visiting members the entire afternoon. We got to visit one member that has been sick and more or less bedriden for the past 8 years. We visited him my second day here in Tlaltenco, and the progress I saw in his health was amazing. He has so much more energy and even said that he started walking with the help of a walker. A huge miracle!
Sunday I had a fun experience. For the past two week I have been leading the music in Sacrament Meeting, so I was sitting on the stand during the sacrament. Near the end of the ordinance the first counselor in the bishopric came over to me and asked If I could give the final talk in that sacrament meeting. I´ll never turn down an opportunity to serve, but short notice is not my favorite. I was able to use the Book of Mormon Talk I gave in San Pablo and it all worked out great. I was stressed out of my mind for a second though. We also had one investigator show up to Church who hasn't come for the past couple of weeks. It was great to meet him and we got to share a great lesson on the Plan of Salvation after Church.
Monday we had exchanges with our Zone Leaders, I was originally going to stay here in Tlaltenco, but we made a last minute change so I ended up going to Presidentes and working with my trainer Elder Vega. He was my second trainer and for that reason my Mamá was on the mission. It was great to have that power duo back together. We had a great day and visited a ton of investigators and even got a new investigator on Baptismal date. The end of Transfers was a little crazy as President Lyman asked if we could go to the mission office in Tasqueña for special interviews in the morning. So to end exchanges, P-day morning, we all meet at the mission offices. It's completely outside of our Zone by a good 30 minutes, and most likely a once in a mission occurrence.
Onto a spiritual note, one thing that I have come to realise more and more on my mission is just how simple and coherent the Gospel is. Everything is centered on Jesus Christ and helping us return to live with God again. Sometimes there are things that we don't understand, but as we study those and learn more about them they click into place and make sense in the greater whole. I have had that happen more times than I can count, when I've been studying the scriptures or Preaching my Gospel. I know that this church is true and when we live the gospel we can return to live with God once again.
Hasta la Próxima,
Elder Neilson
![]() |
| A super iridescent green beetle |
![]() |
| more super iridescent green beetle |
![]() |
| The Zone conference |



No comments:
Post a Comment