¡Hola!
Another week down. Time for the highlights!
I said last week that Thursday was going to be a special Zone conference for the mission tour of Elder Ochoa. The thing is, wednesday night that mission tour got canceled as Elder Ochoa got sick. Not to fear it is going to be some time next month. And instead of the Zone Conference, Elder Sánchez and I had exchanges with our district leader. I got to Go back to El Molino, my birthplace (the first area I served in) and work with Elder Pano. They were great exchanges. It was fun to be back in my first area and see some members and what has changed in the past 9 months. The counsel Elder Pano gave me at the end of exchanges is to talk slower in lessons. I guess my Spanish has an inverse relationship between quality and speed.
Friday was Elder Sánchez's birthday so we had a fun time celebrating that.
Sunday I got to go to my first War counsel, not just here in Tlaltenco, but in my mission. In the wards where I have been, when I have been there, we were just never invited to join. The funny thing was that we thought it started at 9. It actually started at 8:30, so we showed up a little late. The rest of the day was great, I conducted the music in sacrament meeting. and we had two great lessons that day: one with a investigar right after the second hour and the other was after Lunch with a recent convert, his mother, aunt, and girlfriend.
One thing that we touched on in one of those lessons was the Atonement, and how there is nothing we can do to repay Christ for his atoning sacrifice. In my Book of Mormon study I came across when king benjamin touches on this perfectly. In Mosiah 2 he says:
21 I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants.
22 And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.
No matter what we do we will be "unprofitable" it is impossible to repay the Lord for the Atonement, but he doesn't ask us to repay him. He asks us to keep his commandments, and by doing so we show our love for him. It is what Brad Wilcox said in His Grace is Sufficient "We don't earn heaven, we learn heaven." I know that Christ loves us all individually and through his atonement we can overcome the pains and temptations in this world and become like him and our Father in heaven.
Hasta la Próxima,
Elder Neilson
![]() |
Sierra de Santa Catarina |
![]() |
| Mas Ajusco |
![]() |
| Ajusco covered in clouds |
![]() |
| Mi buey y yo |




No comments:
Post a Comment