¡Hola!
I hope everyone is doing well. Another good week. Not one full of news, but I will share a few highlights:
Wednesday: Elder Sanchez didn't feel well so we stayed at the house all day and he slept. I got todo a ton of Book of Mormon reading which was great! I'm trying to read the entire book of Mormon in Spanish over the summer and had fallen a bit behind so it gave me the time to grind and do a bit of catching up.
Saturday: We had a fun tarde de hogar (family home afternoon). The original plan was to have it the night before but it got cancelled at the last minute. The great thing was we were eating with that family the next day so after lunch we used the object lesson we had prepared for our spiritual thought
Sunday: I played piano in church again, another epic opportunity to serve.
Food section:
One thing I have learned here on my mission is that "Mexican Food" in the States is not a true representation of the culinary extravaganza that exists here in Mexico. So I'd like to share some of the food I have eaten this week.
Mole verde: I have talked about my undying love for Mole before, and this is no exception. The special thing about green mole is that it is made mainly with pumpkin seeds and green chiles. So the flavor profile is very different. It reminded me of a lot of sauces in Indian food, a lot of spices.
Tortitas de Pollo en Salsa Verde: chicken pancakes (think Latkes but instead of potato, chicken ) in green salsa. Something in a green salsa is very popular.
Spaghetti: Spaghetti noodles are super popular. It's not spaghetti and meatballs but the noodles with a type of sauce. It's usually an appetizer of a side dish, not the main course. One of the most common and a favorite of mine is Espagueti blanco. It is spaghetti with a white cream sauce, pieces of ham, and can include pineapple chunks.
Albóndigas: Meatballs usually in a tomato sauce. They can have an egg center, which was a surprise the first time.
Spiritual thought:
Alma and Amulek. Reading the account of their mission to the people of Ammonihah, I was impressed by how they worked together to preach the gospel. It made me reflect on how I can work better with my companions. I like how in Alma 10 it is when Almulek starts speaking that the people are astonished, when it was only Alma, they said "who is this guy." But now that he has a companion, they have to give him and his message more thought.
Hasta la Próxima,
Elder Neilson
![]() |
| Mole Verde |
![]() |
| Tortitas de Pollo en Salsa Verde con Espagueti |
![]() |
A huge bug, the size of the first segment of my thumb |
![]() |
| Albóndigas |




No comments:
Post a Comment