¿Qué Onda?
The end of a transfer has come and gone, and I'm saying here! Elder Sánchez and I will have another transfer together here in Tlaltenco. I'm really looking Forward to it, I love the members and we have some great investigators.
It was another slow week here. However we were able to do a lot of work with unbaptised children of members.
Wednesday night we got to celebrate the birthday of Lucio. It was great fun. We have been working with him to get him ready for his baptism for longer than I have been here, and we are getting close. His family is not the most active, but they are slowly coming back, and are some of the most fun people I have met here on my mission.
Thursday night we went back to Lucio´s house for a Noche de Hogar (family home evening). We had a great lesson on strengthening our testimonies using Jenga. When we stop: praying, reading the scriptures, going to church, etc. Our testimony gets weaker and weaker, just like the Jenga tower when removing blocks, and we risk it falling down.
Friday night we had another great lesson with Daniela about the Plan of Salvation.
Saturday we taught Kaori, and then Monday she had her bauptisiml interview and we have the green light for her baptism. Teaching her is a struggle but it's great to see that it wasn't in vain.
A spiritual thought to end:
In king Benjamin's sermon, after teaching about keeping the commandments of God and repenting in Mosiah 4:12 he says
"And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true."
When we follow Christ we learn who he is, and what we need to do. We can't know a master we have not served.
Hasta la próxima,
Elder Neilson

No comments:
Post a Comment