Hola,
I hope everyone is doing well. This week was great, a little slow but that happens.
As I mentioned in my last letter, I hit one year on the mission last week. It is a little crazy to think about. When I first got here, the ending of my mission was always distant. When I would look a year into the future I would be on my mission. not anymore. Now when I look a year into the future I will be back home! I have loved my mission so far, this opportunity to serve the lord, and look forward to another year! To celebrate this occurrence on Wednesday the 29th, one year from my setting apart, we had tacos al pastor. Then on the 30th, one year from starting CCM (MTC) I bought myself a small personal tres leches cake (I did share with Elder Sánchez).
Friday we were able to have a lesson with one of our friends, Ismeal. He has been coming to church on his own for the past 5 week, that is where we met Him, and we were finally able to get to visit him. It went great. He met the missionaries 4 year ago but he had not been taught recently. It was great to hear how the gospel has helped him and changes he has made to live a more Christ centered life.
Sunday, I got to play the piano again in church but this time I was asked right before the start of sacrament meeting. I surprised myself with how well I did with the hymns they chose. The introductions were horrendous but when the singing started I got a whole lot better. 185 "Reverently and Meekly Now" and 219 "Because I Have Been Given Much" aren't the nicest at times. We also had a fantastic lesson Sunday after church with Aldair, one of our friends. He is only free on Sundays so we usually have a lesson with him every Sunday he comes to church.
Monday, we had another great lesson with Daniela. Her family stopped attending before the pandemic, so she never got to be baptised. So now we get to help him prepare to enter into this covenant. We got to teach the restoration and it was an epic lesson.
Hasta la Próxima,
Elder Neilson
Pictures:
Pictures:
![]() |
| Cake for the 30th |
![]() |
| Pata de pollo |
![]() |
| A really pretty moth |
![]() |
| Parroquia de la Inmaculada Concepción in Santiago de Zapotitlán |
![]() |
| A cool gate to and abandoned lot |





No comments:
Post a Comment