Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Last Days of June

 Hola, 

It has only been four days since I wrote my last letter, but I have some news to report.

Saturday we had the baptism of Kaori. In my last letter I mentioned how for various problems we had to postpone her baptism, but it turns out it was only for a week. Her family rescheduled it for Saturday night, we had no problems with that, so when Saturday came around we had a baptism. We also got to help out with the baptism of Abigail, the daughter of the Primary President. It was a couple hours before Kaori's and I was asked to give a talk about baptism and covenants. It was a great day with two baptisms. However as we were helping with the baptism we sadly weren't able to go to the Stake Youth activity but I heard that it was great. 

Sunday was a normal Sunday, I played piano, every time I play I learn what hymns I don't like to play and I will have to add "Called to Serve" to the list. I love the hymn just not when I'm at the Piano. Church was great this week with the emphasis on missionary work, we heard some great testimonies from the RMs here in the Ward. 

Monday we were able to start teaching two new people. During one of the lessons I felt inspired to invite our friend to church. It was totally off topic for what we planned but he accepted the invitation and we are really hoping he comes. One of the funny things was that right after I invited him Elder Sanchez told me that he was thinking the same thing. We also had a Mission Zoom that night to announce that the Mission hit the Goal of 35 baptisms in a month. It was awesome. We have had this goal for the past few months and have gotten close, but were finally able to hit it this June. 

I have been reading the Book of Mormon a lot lately: and what has become more and more apparent is just how much it testifies of Christ. It is exactly what the title page says "And also to the convincing of the Jew and Gentile that Jesus is the Christ.''   

Hasta la Próxima,
Elder Neilson


Cloudy Morning Sky


Kaori´s Baptism 

Roof water


No comments:

Post a Comment

List of all Mission Transfers