Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Happy Day of the Dead

 Hola, 

The week started off with exchanges with Elder Cardona, they were great, but a little crazy. On our way to lunch we got lost and couldn't find the house of the hermana for an hour and forty minutes. After food, we went to the baptism of Nailea, the investigator of the  Elders of San Pablo. That I interviewed and whom Elder Cardona taught while he was there last transfer. 

The rest of the week was normal, we had some great lessons, one of them on Friday with a member reference, he had tons of great questions about why we are here and God's plan. Saturday was another great lesson with our friend Crystal. She also has tons of questions and we totally changed our lesson plan to answer them, but she really appreciated us taking the time to help her understand. 

For this fifth Sunday we focused on the story of the church here in Mexico. There are a ton of great stories of being true to the faith and following the spirit. But the speaker for sacrament meeting wasn't able to attend so on Friday I was asked to give a talk. The theme was Elder Holland's talk from April of 2014 "The Cost—and Blessings—of Discipleship". When I got to the stand to give my talk I asked how much time I had. 15 to 20 was the answer. I ended up speaking for around 25 minutes, which I was super proud of. I truly love the promises that Elder Holland gives for being a faithful disciple of Christ. 

"In courageously pursuing such a course, you will forge unshakable faith, you will find safety against ill winds that blow, even shafts in the whirlwind, and you will feel the rock-like strength of our Redeemer, upon whom if you build your unflagging discipleship, you cannot fall" 

Halloween night, the President approved Coco to watch so, we spent the night watching it in Spanish.

For this P-day, we went shopping and then watched the Chosen because Elder Redmond has never seen it.  

Hasta la Próxima, 
Elder Neilson 

Dinosaurs 

Me 

Elder Lee´s shark form the tianguis 

Baptism of Nailea with Elder Cardona 


Mexico City "Snow"

Era Rata

Somos Rico

Elder Valenzuela's vaquero costume

My cholo costume 



No comments:

Post a Comment

List of all Mission Transfers